Ten Things about Hugh Vandivier
1. I grew up on a farm in Franklin, Indiana, that my family has cash rented for more than a century. My brother and I are the fourth generation to run Midway Farm.
4. My senior year at Wabash, I was student coach on for the swim team that placed 8th at NCAA Division III National Championships at Emory University.
5. I have visited Veere, my family’s ancestral home in the south of The Netherlands.
6. At the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University, where I studied media management, I interviewed Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley, covered the futures markets in Chicago, covered Capitol Hill, and attended the White House 25th anniversary ceremony honoring the astronauts who first landed on the moon.
7. I have driven cross-country to Arizona twice and have visited Oahu twice.
8. I have an older sister and a younger brother who both live in Washington, DC. I visit quite often and have attended the Millennial Celebration on the Washington Mall on New Year’s Eve 1999 and the ceremony for the National WWII Memorial. This last trip in August, I visited the new Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial. I also have another older sister, who lives outside Sacramento, California, and a younger sister who lives in Jerusalem.
10. I am editing and writing a biography on my father’s cousin Norman, who was lost of the Battle of Midway in WWII. I am writing a proposal for a book on swimming. I’m also tinkering with a short story, a novel, and a screenplay.